What Is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry is dental care that helps maintain good oral health. It’s a combination of regular dental check-ups along with developing good habits like brushing and flossing. Taking care of your teeth starts early in childhood and extends throughout the course of your life.
At Millersburg Dental, Preventive dentistry services include:
- Oral exams
- Teeth cleaning
- Routine X-rays
- Fluoride treatments
- and more!
What are the benefits of preventive dentistry?
Regular preventive dental exams provide the following benefits to your oral health:
- Lowers your risk for developing tooth decay, gum disease, and more serious dental problems.
- Helps promote good oral hygiene habits, such as brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing.
- Early identification of dental problems may help minimize treatment and cost.
- Enables your dentist to do a full exam of your mouth, jaw, neck, etc. to identify any related problems.
- Helps reduce dental problems related to some chronic medical conditions. Diabetes, osteoporosis, certain cancers, and eating disorders can all have an effect on dental and oral health.4 For people with chronic conditions, regular preventive dental care is an important part of whole person health.
At Millersburg Dental we offer several preventive dental services to keep your oral health in the best shape possible.
Book your appointment today to meet Dr. Kaila Dunn and our team!
Call Millersburg Dental, where kindness and dentistry meet!
Millersburg Dental Services